Pastors and church members can become involved in the ministry of ASHFAM’s Pregnancy Care Facility and help fellow congregants in the following ways:
- Provide us the opportunity to speak to your congregation. Surprisingly, there may be many individuals sitting in pews who need a safe place to go and talk about their current or past situation in regards to an unexpected pregnancy or abortion. Often after a presentation we hear comments like, “I had no idea that you did all this and that you are a Christian organization.”
- Invite us to speak to women’s groups, men’s groups, youth groups, mission committees, Elders Boards, etc.
- Provide us with a church liaison – someone who will have a heart for this ministry and be able to promote various fundraising events or prayer needs to the congregation.
- Support us financially. We encourage our clients to seek out churches in their neighborhoods and many times we minister to members of your own congregations.
- Pray for us. If you have an intercessors prayer group, have them come to the Centre once every month or six weeks to pray with us and for us.
- Guided by Christ, we trust Him to do HIS will and works through us.
- In this spiritual battle, we must be armed; covered in prayer, ready, faithful, and skillful.
- We are a client-focused organization that respects and values our clients, demonstrating in practical ways, the love and compassion of Jesus Christ to individuals.
- While we believe in the sanctity of human life, we are life honouring to all and hold that our clients are free to make their own decisions.
- All supporters, including staff, volunteers, and donors are vital to our ministry and what we do.